Monday, February 9, 2009

Autumn Evening

Silvery autumn candlelight chills the painted screen,
A little fan of light silk flaps the streaming fireflies.
Cool as water, the night sheen of the steps into the sky.
She lies and watches the Weaver Girl meet the Herdboy Star.

Suddenly, I felt I was the only man who stands behind the hill being so mellow when I found this poem from an old classical book "Poem of The Late T'Ang". Not because of the poem itself, it's because the whole situation that makes all things seem to be mellow. Truly. I was there with my friends in the "Reading Lights"; a book store which sold only second-hand foreign books. The store was in Jalan Siliwangi. Yes, Jalan Siliwangi, it remind me to my friend who was very love reading books, whom I felt she was ever been in here for something; a friend who become drearier and blury. And the poem gives the way for a feeling of a man standing behind the hill, not seing her for so long, and forever. No, not because the poem itself, it's because the whole thing.

http://www.nybooks.com/shop/product?product_id=7651

ps. postingan iseng :p

No comments:

Post a Comment